Hi! I am Christine Shaw, founder of YES- Yoga for Emotional Support. I am a Yoga teacher & studio owner and the parent of a child with mental health and substance use disorder (addiction). I was married to a man with unresolved childhood trauma. I divorced twice and lost my father in November 2017.
YES came about after I experienced years of pain and worry, feeling hopeless and scared for my daughter who suffers with trauma, anxiety and depression and then turned to drugs and alcohol to manage her pain.
I discovered through my journey of trying to care for and “help” my daughter that I needed support and care for my own health and well being. I lived with a man who struggled with trauma and I couldn't "rescue" him either. I remember being in a terrible state of high emotions much of the time, carrying around guilt and shame along with experiencing anxiety and mood swings.
I realized that I couldn't live in this high state of emotional turmoil anymore. I was teaching yoga and doing breathing and meditation which helped. I sought out places for support. I felt I needed something that was solely for me and my self care. I needed tools so when all of the turmoil and craziness happened I could remain calm and handle it with loving kindness for myself and others. My yoga practice, breathing, meditation, and numerous other yoga based practices, helped me to do this.
From these experiences YES was born!
As a Yoga teacher and a born nurturer, I love to serve and guide others to heal and be healthy. After seeing how much my personal Yoga practice and other methods of relaxation, empowering thoughts and self care techniques helped me I wanted to offer others the same support I found. Through my own experience I was able to envision what could be of help to many others who are seeking emotional support and balance and ways to achieve it.
When I put the energy of wishing to support others out into the universe, the universe answered. I have learned that I am strong and capable and my life purpose is to guide others to love themselves, cope with life stress and thrive in life!
* 200hr E-RYT
* 300hr TYT (Teacher of Yoga Therapy) = 500 hr RYT
* Owner of Liberty Yoga in Newark, DE (circa 2012)
* Spiritual Leader Certification
* Level 2 Reiki Certified
* Yoga Therapist- offering private sessions
* YACEP ( Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider)
* Teaching Yoga since 2000 and 200-RYT since 2009
* RYT Teacher Trainer since 2016
* Trained at Empowered Yoga, Yoga Stream, Himalayan Institute & with Sadie Nardini
* Over 5,000 teaching hours
* Restorative Yoga Training with Judy Curiel in 2017
* Daily Meditation and Yoga practice since 2000
* Trainings in Acupressure, Eden Energy Medicine, MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction)